Car Accident Attorney in Augusta, GA
Car accident victims often face stress and frustration over the uncertainty of recovering physically, financially, and emotionally from the crash. However, when you turn to our car accident attorney serving Augusta, GA, for help, we will handle all the details of your case, completing paperwork and dealing with insurance companies, thus freeing you to focus on your recovery.
Our team at Go Big Injury Law will hold the at-fault driver accountable for the negligence that led to your accident. We will pursue the driver and their insurance company for your treatment costs, income loss, pain and suffering, and more. Finally, our law firm will review your case for free and stop at nothing to recover appropriate damages.
How Our Car Accident Lawyer Determines the Value of Your Case
Understanding the value of our case involves collecting evidence and creating a detailed list of your recoverable damages. To support your compensation request, our car accident lawyer will compile your medical, rehabilitation, and therapy records and bills, estimates to repair or replace your damaged or destroyed property, and more.
This list is not exhaustive, but we will not burden you or your family with the daunting and time-consuming task of evidence collection. Instead, our team will obtain the necessary records and bills for you.
You Can Hold the At-Fault Driver Accountable for Economic Damages
Economic damages are tangible and supported with bills, estimates, and invoices. Quantifiable damages you can recover include the following:
- Past and future medical bills
- Assistive medical devices
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Past and future lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Car repair bills
- Diminished value of your vehicle
Additional Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Intangible damages can be more difficult to establish. However, when our law firm represents you, we calculate the value of the following noneconomic damages:
- Disabling and disfiguring injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If your family experienced the unexpected loss of a loved one in an accident, you have our most heartfelt condolences. You also have our commitment to fight for wrongful death damages, including the costs of your loved one’s funeral and burial. Potential awards could also include the loss of your loved one’s financial and domestic contributions to your family.
How Our Law Firm Fights for the Clients We Represent in Augusta
It takes time and attention to detail to navigate a personal injury case and hold the at-fault driver responsible for your post-accident costs. Our legal team takes the following steps on your behalf:
- Handling communication with all relevant parties.
- Documenting the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Completing and submitting all required documentation.
- Clarifying complex legal and insurance language.
- Providing ongoing updates on your case’s progress.
- Negotiating a fair and appropriate monetary settlement.
- Representing you in court if necessary.
Leave legalities and communication to us, so you can concentrate on getting better. Let our car accident lawyer handle your case and build a compelling evidence file on your behalf.
Reviews and Accolades From Previous Car Accident Clients
Car accident clients we represented in the past say the following about our commitment to outstanding client service:
- Nekitia C.: They handled my case with speed and accuracy. I am very satisfied with the service I received. I recommend this company to everyone that has had an accident or injuries due to a car collision. Thanks for all your help.
- Betty R.: They were a big help to me and worked fast to get me what I deserved. I would recommend them to anyone who has been in any kind of accident.
Every client we represent at Go Big Injury Law is a priority for our team members. We’ll work hard to treat you like a person, not a case file.
How We Prove Your Right to Recover Financial Compensation
Our investigative team will collect evidence that substantiates your case and proves your right to compensation. The case file we build for you will establish the cause and costs of your accident, including the following:
- Medical records and bills that document your injuries, their severity, and your medical team’s treatment plan.
- The car accident report, which contains key contact details, diagrams, photos, and the investigating officer’s narrative.
- Objective evidence such as accident scene reconstruction reports and lay and expert witness statements.
- Employment and salary history records that document the monetary value of your known and anticipated lost income.
We use the accumulated evidence to document the legally required elements of negligence—duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
Georgia’s Statute of Limitations Affects Your Right to File a Car Accident Lawsuit
The statute of limitations is an essential aspect of your case. If you file your lawsuit within the allotted time, the courts will allow you to present it. However, if you file your lawsuit late, the judge will dismiss it without ever hearing the evidence—no matter how compelling.
According to O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, you generally have two years:
- From the accident date to file your personal injury lawsuit.
- From the date of a loved one’s demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
In addition to meeting the required filing deadline, getting our team involved in your case right away has added benefits. It allows us to interview witnesses while their memories are fresh and canvass the area for smartphone, residential, and commercial photos and video footage.
Car Accident Statistics in Augusta and Georgia
Vehicle collisions often lead to life-changing or fatal outcomes. According to Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) data:
- Car accidents were the second most common cause of fatalities.
- Car accidents were the second leading cause of emergency room visits and hospital admissions.
- Georgia ranked fourth in the nation for car crash fatalities.
When we represent you, we carefully assess the costs of your injuries and their related expenses and losses. In addition, we’ll work to avoid having any recoverable damages overlooked or omitted.
Frequently Reported Causes of Car Accidents
According to Augusta’s Department of Traffic Engineering, speed-related car crashes severely injure 3,500 people annually at the cost of $877 per second.
Additional causes of car accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Vehicle malfunctions
- Road and weather conditions
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Tailgating and other risky behavior
When you turn to our car accident team at Go Big Injury Law with your fight for compensation, we will review the details and merits of your case at no cost. Then, when our car accident attorney serving Augusta, GA, represents you, our comprehensive investigation will document the cause of your accident.
Commonly Reported Car Accident Injuries
A collision with another vehicle can leave you or a loved one with severe injuries or lead to a loved one’s death. Car accident injuries can include:
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Disfiguring injuries
- Broken bones
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Internal and soft tissue injuries
Our investigation includes obtaining your medical records and bills to document the extent of your injuries and your ongoing treatment costs.
Most Car Accident Cases Resolve With a Monetary Settlement
Our car accident attorney will build a convincing evidence file that supports your Augusta, GA, claim. In many car accident cases, the weight of the evidence leads to a settlement rather than a trial. So, to negotiate the best possible settlement for you, we will:
- Assess the value of your case.
- Field each offer you receive.
- Weigh their pros and cons.
Leave this intricate process to Go Big Injury Law. Our team is passionate about recovering damages for injured clients and will negotiate a fair and appropriate financial settlement for you.
What to Expect if Your Car Accident Case Goes to Court
If an acceptable settlement offer is not forthcoming, we will not hesitate to represent you in court. Going to trial typically means representatives for both sides:
- Investigate and gather evidence.
- Conduct depositions or interrogatories.
- Exchange information via the discovery process.
Our team will explain each step of the process, prepare evidence and exhibits for court, and handle all court filings, hearings, and appearances. Ultimately, a judge or jury will determine the outcome of your case and your potential monetary award.
Call Our Team Today for a Free Review of Your Car Accident Case
Were you or someone you love injured by a negligent driver in Augusta, GA? If so, you do not have to pursue compensation without legal support. Our car accident attorney will take on the at-fault driver and their insurance company—big or small—on your behalf.
You are never alone when our client-focused law firm is on your side. Contact one of our case review team members today at (800) 777-7777 to learn more about how Go Big Injury Law fights for the compensation you need and deserve.